Vaishno Devi, also known as Mata Rani, Trikuta and Vaishnavi, is a manifestation of the Hindu Mother Goddess Mahalakshmi. The words “maa” and “mata” are commonly use
d in India for “mother”, and thus are often used in connection with Vaishno Devi. Vaishno Devi Mandir (Hindi: वैष्णोदेवी मन्दिर) is a Hindu temple dedicated to the Hindu Goddess, located in Katra at the Trikuta Mountains within the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. The Temple or Bhawan is 13.5 km from Katra and various modes of transportation are available from katra to Bhawan, including Ponies, Electric vehicles and paalkhis operated by 2 or 4 persons. Helicopter services are also available up to Sanjichhat, which is 9.5 km from Katra. Bhairon temple is another 1.5 km from Bhawan.
Journey Date : 13- 15, April 2017
Places during visit:
- Bhana ganga – is about 3 km from Katra.
- Charan Paduka Temple – is about 1.5 km from Ban Ganga it is situated at a height of 3,380 feet.
- Ardhkuwari Temple – is 4.5 km from Charan Paduka and 4,800 ft above sea level.
- Mata vaishno devi Temple – is 4 km from ardhkuwari temple
- Bhairav Temple- is about 2.5 km from Vaishno Devi cave at an altitude of 6,700 feet. It is a ritual to visit this temple after visiting the Vaishno Devi Temple.
Route map of Journey:
Chandigarh to Katra (Direct train)
- From Katra Railway station to bhana ganga
- people can go by walk (walk distance from katra staion to bhana ganga will take 5 to 10 minutes)
- share autos also available
once all the tourists reaches to bhana ganga all people will start there journey to mata vaisho devi temple from pravesh Dwar.
Important points to remember the Tourists before starting the journey from pravesh dwar
- There will be separate check points for both men and women
- Also there will be separate check points for the people who have luggage for both men and women
- All tourists should provide there identity proof of letter which has registered from online temple website “https://www.maavaishnodevi.org/OnlineServices/LogIn1.aspx”
- people those who have registration slip of yatra one, can also get from the katra station and bus station
- Each yatra slip will be generated to individual people
- As internet and mobile connectivity for the piligrims having prepaid sim will not be work any where in the katra and jammu location, For making connectivity of mobile connections
- In katra station outside the special yatra sims will be available for respective time period
- All the postpaid sims will be work
Pilgrims who has entered from the pravesh dwar of mata vaishno devi
for going to temple bhawan there are 4 options
- Mostly all the pilgrims go to mata bhawan by walk (13-14 km from pravesh dwar)
- Horse riding is also there for all the pilgrims
- Pallaki, Poni, Pithos riding is also there from bhana ganga to bhawan
Most Links for pilgrims:
Bhirav Temple is a famous tantrik of Hindu mythology. Bhairavnath was a disciple of Gorakhnath, whose guru was the Matsyendranath. He was considered to have control over all tantrik siddhis and had grown arrogant of his power. He went after Vaishno Devi, considering her to be a little girl. It was only when mata Vaishno Devi took the form of Kali to behead him he realized her true form and asked for forgiveness. In his dying moments, Bhairav pleaded for forgiveness. The Goddess knew that Bhairav’s main intention in attacking her was to achieve his salvation. She not only granted Bhairav liberation from the cycle of reincarnation, but also granted him a boon, whereby every devotee, in order to ensure completion of the pilgrimage of Vaishno Devi, shall also have to visit Bhairav Nath’s temple near the Holy cave after having the darshan of the Goddess
After mata vaishno devi dharsan all the piligrams will go to Bhirav temple to complete there full journey trip if full fledged manner.
****************JAI MATA JI *****************
OM, AIN, HRIDAYAAY NAMAH,
OM VAG MAI AASYAI ASTU,
OM NASOR MAI PRANO ASTU,
OM AKSHANOR MAI CHAKSHUR ASTU,
OM KARNAYOR MAI SHROTRAM ASTU,
OM BAHYOR MAI BALAM ASTU,
OM OORVOR MAI OJO ASTU,
OM ARISHTANI MAI ANGANI,
********TANU STANVA MAI SAHASANTU **********