To nurture future innovators and thought leaders, the Science & Engineering Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward have partnered to support a dynamic and transformative student exchange program between premier institutions in India and the United States. The program is named in honor of Satyendra Nath Bose (1894 – 1974), a visionary Indian physicist best known for his work on quantum mechanics in the early 1920s. The class of particles that obey Bose-Einstein statistics, Bosons, was named after him.
The program is envisaged to:
- provide an opportunity to Indian students to experience world-class research facilities in leading U.S. institutions;
- encourage and motivate students to take up research as a career;
- pave the way for the next generation of pioneers and innovators in science and technology to interact with each other, and;
- build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations cutting across boundaries around the globe.
- Indian citizens currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters’ degree at a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India.
- Open to students of Atmospheric and Earth Sciences; Chemical Sciences; Engineering Sciences; Mathematical and Computational Sciences; and, Physical Sciences
Note: Students with a biology background should consider applying to the Khorana Program for Scholars.
- Health Insurance
Program Dates: May – July 2018
Applications should be submitted using our Online Application Portal for Visitation Programs. Hard copies and electronic copies of the application forms will not be accepted.
Submission Deadline: 31 October 2017
Join us on Facebook!
For program information contact: